Wednesday, October 1, 2008

15 Seconds of Fame


Susan & Mischka

Mischka in all her glory

Badgley waking up from a nap

Spike as a little kitten

As you all are aware of by now, Jon and I are taking the Financial Peace University Course from Dave Ramsey through one of the local churches. We are really excited about the things taught (saving money, getting out of debt, planning for our children's college education, retirement saving strategies, etc.) in these classes. We have learned a lot already and are applying the things we are learning. I had the opportunity to speak with Dave Ramsey on the phone for a taping of his Fox Business Network show in regards to a special edition on money and pets. I emailed them about Badgley and Mischka going on the Dave Ramsey diet (see "Happy Birthday Mischka!" to get all of the details of the kibble counting.) and didn't think a whole lot about it until I got a call Monday morning from Dave's executive producer asking if I would like to share my story on the air with Dave. Long story short, he was amazed at Mischka being 23 pounds and even told me a story about his chubby pug. The above pictures are the ones that will be shown on the air during our conversation. Dave is busily making some last minute appearances on other shows due to the current economic situation and they will be airing my episode some time in the near future. I will make sure and tell everyone when it finally airs.

No comments: