Wednesday, October 15, 2008

All Dressed Up!


Geagen and Daddy all dressed up for church

As you all know I have been collecting baby clothes for 9 years now. At first I was drawn to the 0-3 months clothes just because they were so itty-bitty and precious. After a while I realized that if I ever wanted any of my children to wear these clothes (I was pretty brave to buy clothes for kids I didn't have when I wasn't even dating anyone at the time.) I should probably branch out into some other sizes. Then my criteria was it had to be super cute and all the pieces of the outfit would have to be all the same size. It's so much more fun when everything matches- there are outfits that have matching pants, shirts, hats, blankets and even toys. The best part is when I would get it on clearance- I almost never paid full price for any of the baby clothes I bought. It didn't hurt that I also got my employee discount on top of the clearance prices.

Now I have a little girl of my very own and she has more clothes than she could possibly ever wear. The good news is that I haven't bought any clothes since at all so it has saved money that way. I keep all of the baby clothes sorted by size, gender and season in rubbermaid totes in the basement and I go downstairs and go "shopping" and see what's in there that will fit Geagen. I have lots of fun dressing Geagen every day. And if even if it's one of those really bad days like that infamous day in Wal-Mart- at least she's dressed really well and everything matches.

No comments: