Sunday, September 7, 2008

Baby Pictures- Finally!!


The happy family on blessing day- August 3, 2008

First picture- July 7, 2008
7 lbs., 5 0z 19 1/2" long

Geagen at home- July 11, 2008

Geagen in her chicken outfit- 5 weeks old

Only 11 days and already hiding from the paparazzi! July 18, 2008


I still can't believe that this little baby has been here for 2 months already. It seems like just yesterday when I was as big as a house (my belly was 46" before my c-section) and still in a state of shock that I would actually not be pregnant at some point and also bring a little baby home. I remember our tour of the hospital and seeing the babies in the nursery and it was so surreal. I had the nursery set up and the clothes were washed and in their drawers but I just couldn't put 2 and 2 together. It was a very abstract concept for me to grasp. And then they sent her home like we knew what we were doing. After 3 days in the hospital with Geagen sleeping in the nursery and having her brought to my room when it was time to feed her I was thinking this whole motherhood thing might not be so bad after all. It was like Club Med- except for the food.

Now that Geagen is a little older and we are little wiser as well as completely sleep deprived, we are settling into this parenting thing. Last week she started smiling and cooing so is really a lot fun. Her personality is starting to come out and it's so exciting to see her grow and change. She is growing like a weed and at 6 weeks she was 10.0 lbs. and 22" long already. I'm sure she has grown since then. They will probably measure her when we to get her first vaccinations on Wednesday. I'm sure it will be thoroughly traumatic experience- thank heaven for baby Tylenol!

It's been a little hectic around here lately so it's taken me a while to get these photos posted. I have more to post and will be taking more photos soon.

No comments: